Oral Iron Powder Supplement for Children
Maintain Iron Levels, Boost Energy and RBC Production Helps Prevent Iron Deficiency and Iron Deficiency Anemia
No Staining Effect on Teeth and Pleasant Grape and Raspberry Flavor
FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 makes iron therapy convenient for children. It has a pleasant grape raspberry taste to help children stay with the treatment and does not stain teeth. You can buy FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 online. For more information about iron deficiency in children.
- MAINTAIN IRON LEVELS, BOOST ENERGY AND RBC PRODUCTION: Use FeraMAX Pd Powder 15 for the prevention of Iron Deficiency and Iron Deficiency Anemia.
- FeraMAX Pd Powder 15 MAKES IRON THERAPY CONVENIENT FOR CHILDREN. Each ¼ tsp (measure included in carton) has 15 mg of elemental iron. Can be mixed into water, soft foods, powdered cereal. Each 83 g bottle contains 120 doses.
- FeraMAX IS A MORE EASILY TOLERATED IRON COMPLEX: Polydextrose Iron Complex (PDIC) is well tolerated when it enters the stomach. PDICs liberate less ionic iron in the stomach compared to salts. Liberating ionic iron in the stomach is responsible for most of the side effects associated with iron (salt) therapy.
- PLEASANT TASTING, with grape/raspberry flavor, compared to traditional liquid iron, which helps children stay with the treatment. In a study conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics, 86.7% of the doctors reported that unpleasant taste is a major cause of non-compliance. FeraMAX Pd Powder 15 does not stain teeth compared to traditional liquid iron.
- GLUTEN, ALCOHOL, LACTOSE-FREE. CERTIFIED VEGAN by VegeCert.
- 83g: 120 Doses
Iron (Polydextrose-iron complex) 15mg per ¼ teaspoon.
Non-medicinal ingredients (alphabetical order)
Grape and raspberry flavouring, maltodextrin, sucralose.
Helps prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.
Dosing by Age of Child
The recommended treatment dose for infants and children (up to 13 years of age) of FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 can also be calculated as 3-6mg/kg/day, depending on the degree of iron deficiency as directed by a health care practitioner‡.
- Infants and children (3 years or younger): Take ¼ or ½ tsp (15-30 mg of elemental iron), 1 time per day. Dosing by weight of the child (3 - 6 mg/kg of body weight) and degree of iron deficiency, or as directed by a health care practitioner
Children (4–13 years): Take ¼ to ½ tsp (15–30 mg of elemental iron), 1 time per day. Dosing by weight of the child (3–6 mg/kg of body weight) and degree of iron deficiency, or as directed by a health care practitioner
- Adolescents and adults (14 years and older): Take ½ to ¾ tsp (30–45 mg of elemental iron), 1 time per day, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Directions for use
- Dissolve dose in a small amount of water before administration to infants and children (3 years or younger).
- Dissolve FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 in water or mix in soft foods or powdered cereals.
- Take with food, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products.
- Consult your health care practitioner prior to use and for prolonged use.
- Measure FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 into level scoops (¼ tsp measure provided). Stir into warm or room temperature water until fully dissolved. Additional water may be added to dilute FeraMAX® Pd Powder 15 to taste
- Can be dissolved in water or mixed in soft foods or powdered cereals
- Solution will turn a brown color when dissolved.
Did you Know?
Iron is very important to the health and development of your child. Without sufficient levels of functioning and stored iron, cognitive and physical growth can be affected.
Cautions & Warnings
Keep out of reach of children. There is enough drug in this package to seriously harm a child. Take with food a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products. Store at controlled room temperature (15°C–30°C). Do not store in areas of high humidity.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.