For drug-free therapy or can be used with a nebulizer
Natural Phlegm and Mucus Clearance Device
Lung Exercise Therapy Unblocks and Expands Airways
Helping to Improve Breathing and Reduce Cough
The AEROBIKA® Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure Device, or OPEP device, helps to open and clear the airways of your lungs. You may need assistance with this if you have a lung condition like COPD, Bronchiectasis or Cystic Fibrosis.
- MADE IN CANADA – Made with parts from Canada and the USA by the makers of the AeroChamber* VHC
- OPENS AND CLEARS AIRWAYS - Breathing exercises can aid in the relief of phlegm and mucus from your lung airways which may help to improve breathing, oxygen ventilation, and lung capacity and reduce cough and disease flare-ups
- NATURAL AND DRUG-FREE – Helps unblock lung airways without batteries or liquid
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE – One size fits all design can be used for as little as 10 minutes, twice per day. Five selectable resistance settings to fit your physio needs and comforts. Unlike devices with a steel ball, the Aerobika* OPEP can be used in any orientation
- AWARD WINNING AND CLINICALLY PROVEN - Aerobika* Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure device was awarded the Medical Design Excellence Award and has been proven effective with COPD patients in internationally recognized scientific publications
- The AEROBIKA* Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) device is a drug-free, easy to use, hand-held device with a proprietary pressure-oscillation dynamic that provides intermittent resistance, creating positive pressure oscillations during patient exhalation.
- The AEROBIKA* device can assist with opening weak or collapsed airways and can help to thin and loosen mucus, enabling it to move to the larger airways of your lungs, where it can be coughed out.
- The AEROBIKA* device can be used to manage respiratory conditions such as COPD, Bronchiectasis, and Cystic Fibrosis.
Aerobika* OPEP device – An Award-winning Innovation
- Drug free, natural airway clearance
- Easy to use, clean and disinfect
- Compatible with nebulizer therapy
- 5 resistance settings to adjust to each patient’s expiratory capacity
- Backed by clinical evidence
- Not Made or Manufactured with BPA, Natural Rubber Latex, Phthalates, Lead, or PVC
How can the Aerobika® OPEP device help?
Cough and shortness of breath may be caused by mucus that gets trapped in the lungs. The AEROBIKA® OPEP Device can help remove this mucus and has been clinically proven to improve ventilation, lung function and quality of life as well as reduce COPD flare ups.1
How it works
- The AEROBIKA* device has an innovative pressure-oscillation mechanism that creates positive pressure pulses when a patient exhales. The positive pressure created can assist with opening weak or collapsed airways.1
- The AEROBIKA* device also produces vibrations in the airways that can help to thin and loosen mucus, naturally moving it to the upper airways where it can be coughed out easily.
How to Use an AEROBIKA* OPEP Device
1 Carefully examine the device
- If there is any visible dust or other debris inside, then clean the device .
- Replace immediately if it is damaged or has missing parts .
- Ensure the Resistance Indicator is set as prescribed by your healthcare professional
- Gently press the two halves together to make sure the Attachment Tabs are engaged .
2 Put the mouthpiece in mouth and close lips around it to ensure an effective seal . Make sure your hand does not block the exhalation path on the back of the device .
3 Inhale through the device taking a deeper breath than normal, but do not totally fill your lungs. Hold your breath for 2–3 seconds before exhaling.
4 Exhale actively, but not forcefully, through the device. Ideally, exhalation should last 3–4 times longer than inhalation. Keep your cheeks flat and firm to maximize treatment effectiveness. Ensure you maintain a good seal on the mouthpiece for the duration of the treatment. Note: If you are unable to exhale through the device, check the resistance setting or try cleaning the device thoroughly
5 Continue taking deep breaths and long exhalations for 10–20 breaths, or as instructed by your healthcare professional. After at least 10 breaths, perform 2–3 ‘huff’ coughs to clear your airways. Your healthcare professional will instruct you on the proper technique. For maximum efficacy, try to suppress coughing until the end of the treatment.
6 Repeat steps 2–5 for 10–20 minutes or as prescribed by your healthcare professional. The entire procedure should be performed at least twice a day on a regular basis, and increased to 3–4 times per day if you are producing a lot of mucus.
7 The goal is to keep your lungs clear and ventilatory capacity up. Continue with treatments on a regular basis even if you are bringing up just a little mucus.
Repeat steps 5–7 for 10–20 minutes or as prescribed by your healthcare professional. The entire procedure should be performed at least twice a day on a regular basis, and increased to 3–4 times per day if you are producing a lot of mucus.
How to Clean an AEROBIKA* OPEP Device With Soap and Water
How to Clean an AEROBIKA* OPEP Device In a DishwasherStep 1: The four disassembled parts may be washed in a dishwasher by securing parts in a basket on the top rack. Wash in a normal wash cycle with dishwasher detergent, ensuring use of rinse aid.
The use of the device is not recommended for the following conditions: Patients unable to tolerate the increased work of breathing, Intracranial pressure (ICP) > 20 mm Hg, Hemodynamic instability (blood pressure instability), Recent facial, oral, or skull surgery or trauma, Acute sinusitis, Epistaxis (bleeding nose), Esophageal surgery, Nausea, Active hemoptysis (bleeding from lungs), Untreated pneumothorax (untreated collapsed lung), Known or suspected tympanic membrane rupture or other middle ear pathology.
To know more about the scientific evidence and performance of the device, please visit the link below
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product information on this website may not be 100% accurate. Please ensure to check the product packaging information before consumption, especially if you have allergies or other health conditions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.